Monday, November 21, 2011

Patterns of Error

When writing I tend to write 3 things over and over:  "you", not stating my argument clearly, and minimal evidence.  These errors affect my writing because they distract from the main point and do not strengthen my writing.

The constant use of "you" to find my audience does not create a well written essay.  Learning to write without using my writing like a conversation does not help in academic writing.  Therefore, I need to reread my writing before and try to rewrite the sentences to be direct, without stating "you".

When I am not clear with my point of view, the audience cannot understand its purpose. I need to add more details to my statements to defend my arguement.

Sometimes I think my word is my word:  What I say is what I know?  This is my evidence.  I am learning to build resources to support my main ideas with other supporting details.  This will help considering evidence is part of writing arguments.

No comments:

Post a Comment