I don't know. I am not much of a writer. I remember writing about this same problem/issue in the beginning. I am still challenged by blogging. I still see no relevance in this form of communication in my daily life. However, I see others use it, but I do not follow a blog. I do follow current events.
Communicating in the world of blogging is different from my own reading and writing experiences. I do use technology for forms of research, but I have never read consistently through a blog. This takes commitment; and my schedule does not allow for consistency sometimes.
I do enjoy the writing assignments. I have experiences that requires reading and responding to positions. The advertisement exercise and the short essays allow my writing to become concise and more accurate. I believe my form of mechanics have improved. I have a better grasp of extending sentences through other forms of punctuation. This has been very helpful with my run-on sentences. I have lots of ideas but it helps to have punctuation.
Please let me know what you think.
I am glad you enjoy the essay assignments in class, but I think you need to be less resistant to the idea of blogging. Think of it as a chance to write more informally and express yourself more freely without fear of being strictly graded on things like grammar and punctuation. I know you have not been a fan of the idea from day one, but just try to be more open-minded.
ReplyDelete